CBSE 2015 – 2016 Class 5 Summative Assessment – II Question Paper – Science
Question Paper (Unit Test Cycle IV)
1. Fill in the blanks. (5 x 1 = 5)
- The study of earth is called _____________.
- Large-scale soil erosion can also lead to _________.
- Frezing of water is a _________ change.
- _______ rocks are also called basalt rocks.
- The two main minerals present in granite are ________ and _________.
II. True of False (5 x 1 = 5)
- Two or more atoms combine to form a molecule.
- Soil is destroyed by the process of weathering.
- Sedimentary rocks are among the oldest rocks on the earth.
- The soil erosion makes the soil fertile.
- Limestone undergoes changes to form marble.
III. Answer in one word. (6 x 1 = 6)
- The deposition of soil in the rivers.
- A black, solid fossil fuel.
- A natural process of breaking down of rocks.
- Anything that has weight and occupies space.
- A sedimentary rock used as a fuel to run steam engines.
- The study of the earth and its life.
IV. Define the following. (2 x 2 = 4)
V. Match the columns. (6 x 0.5 = 3)
|1. Igneous rocks||casts and moulds|
|2. Gneiss||Red Fort|
|3. Metallic mineral||fire rocks|
|6. Gypsum||Fossil Fuel|
VI. Give reasons. (2 x 2 = 4)
- Granite is used for making long-lasting building and statues.
- Solid, non-biodegradable wastes should not be dumped on land.
VII. Answer the following questions. (3 x 2 = 6)
- How was coal formed ?
- Name the substances produced after burning a candle wick.
- What are the various uses of petroleum ?
VIII. Answer the following questions in detail. (3 x 4 = 12)
- Differentiate between solids and gases. (4 points)
- Name four varieties of sedimentary rocks giving one property of each.
- What is soil conservation ? What are the different methods of soil conservation ?
IX. Explain composition of Soil with the help of labelled diagram.
Science Practice Worksheet (Topic – Rocks and Minerals)
I. Fill in the blanks
- ___________ rocks are also called fire rocks.
- Minerals are obtained from their _________.
- __________ is used for making blackboards.
- Scoria rocks are also called _________ rocks.
- _______ rock has a sponge like appearance.
- Petrol and kerosene are obtained from ___________.
II. Name the following:
- Igneous rock that is hard and used for making statues ______________
- Natural non-living substance ______________
- The hot liquid is underground pockets ___________
- A natural process of complete transformation ___________
- Mineral present in limestone ____________
- The hardest substance on the earth _________
III. Why should we conserve the fossil fuels. Name some alternatives sources of energy.
IV. Identify the type of rocks, minerals and fuels:-
Science Worksheet (Lesson 11 – Soil Erosion and Conservation)
I. Fill in the blanks.
- Soil is formed by ___________ of rocks.
- _____________ is the cuttimg down of tress in large numbers.
- Ploughing of hill sides loosens the soil that results in __________
- ____________ supports and holds the plants.
II. Write ‘True’ or ‘False’.
- Erosion of soil can lead to landslides. _________
- Afforestation reduces soil erosion. __________
- Terrace farming helps soil from being lost completely. _______
- Rainwater helps to conserve soil. ___________
III. Give reasons for each:
- Top soil should be prevented from getting eroded.
- Overgrazing by cattle should be avoided.
- Grasses should be grown on barren land.
- Terrace farming should be encouraged.
IV. Answer these questions.
- What are the agents of soil erosion ?
- Define the following terms
- Non-biodegradable wastes
V. Draw and label ‘Layers of Soil’.
CBSE 2014 – 2015 Class 5 Summative Assessment – I Question Paper – Mathematics
SECTION: A (15 marks)
1. Choose the correct answer: (5)
(b) The decimal form of (223/10) is
(c) 0.2 x 0,2 x 0.2 =
(d) The _________ of a circle divides it into two equal halves.
(e) The radius of a circle is 7cm. Its circumference is
(ii) 21 cm
(iii) 22 cm
(iv) 44 cm
2. Fill in the blanks: (5)
(a) There are _________ halves in
(b) The product of 48.7 and 9.643 will have ______ decimal places.
(c) 1.64 expressed as a mixed number is _____ .
(d) An arc is a part of the _____ of a circle.
(e) Half of a circle is called a _____ .
3. Write true or false for the following statement: (5)
(a) The reciprocal of a mixed number is a proper fraction.
(b) Decimal fractions have multiples of 10 as denominators.
(c) There are two decimal places in 63.9
(d) All the chords of a circle are of the same length.
(e) A circle has an infinite number of raddi.
SECTION B (20 marks) (2 marks each)
8. Express 325 ml as a fraction of a litre.
10. Write the following in words 2305.61
11. Write the expanded form of 2605.634
12. Solve the following
(a) 8.923 ÷ 100
(b) 476.35 x 100
13. Find the circumference of a circfe whose radius is 4.5 em.
SECTION C (30 marks) (3 marks each)
17 Subtract 41.6 from 80
18 Find the sum of 175.6 + 8654 + 245.356 + 7.8
19. Arrange in descending order 3.003, 3.33, 3.03, 3.3, 3.013, 3.031
21. Solve 0.941 x 306
22. Divide 857.458 by 14
23. Draw a circle of radius 5 cm. In this circle construct a chord of length 7 cm.
SECTION D(15 marks) (5 marks each)
24. Meena’s school is 6 km away from her house. She covers (2/3) of the distance in a rickshaw. Due to some fault in the rickshaw she had to cover the remaining distance on foot. How far did she walk?
25. Solve and verify that 9.8 x 6.4 = 64 x 0.98
(a) Find the radius of a circle whose circumference is 22 cm.
[Take π = (22/7)]
(b) Draw two concentric circles of radii 6.5 cm and 4.2cm. Shade the ring formed.
CBSE Previous Year Question PapersSample Papers
You wish to report grammatical or factual errors within our online articles, you can let us know using the article feedback form.
NCERT books obsolete
As reported earlier NCERT is in the process of revising the NCERT textbooks for all classes. The revised textbooks are expected to be available for the 2018-2019 sessions which is about to start little earlier this year. That’s definitely a good step as NCERT has decided to review the books every year and keep the books updated based on the learning capabilities of students. Due to the regular...
Non NCERT books sale allowed in schools
The sale of Non NCERT books and school uniforms by private vendors have been again allowed in school premises by the Delhi High Court. CBSE had earlier passed a circular instructing all schools to close down tuck shops in schools which sell Non NCERT books and uniforms in school premises as it leads to commercialisation of the school as there were lot of complaints that the profits are pocketed...
PM Modi to interact with students
Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi to Interact with students today and give advise and tips on how to tackle examination pressure. All students and specifically students of class 10 and class 12 must listen to him today. Watch the live telecast on www.studiestoday.com here:
Suggestions invited by MHRD for reduction in syllabus
The Department of School Education and Literacy under Ministry of Human Resource Development had announced couple of weeks back that they have started their work towards reduction of syllabus and bringing changes in the curriculum for class 1 to class 12. It was also announced that suggestions from teachers, parents and students will be invited which will be taken into consideration during the...
Results for 17th CBSE Heritage Quiz 2017
Results for 17th CBSE Heritage Quiz 2017 has been announced by CBSE. Following are the winners- National Winners: => Bhavan's BP Vidya Mandir,Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Civil Lines, Nagpur - Winner => SunBeam School,Near Lahartara Over Bridge,UP - I Runners-up => Chinmaya,Vidyalaya ,Trupunithura - II Runners-up Regional Winners CBSE SCHOOL SCHOOL Ajmer Delhi Public...