Terrorism, an issue that plagues our world every minute of everyday. You never know when or where a terrorist organization is going to strike. All groups reasons are different, some for political or religious reasons, others for hatred.
The roots of terrorism are believed to have started in 1007 A.D. Hassan ben Sabbah born in Qom, Iran was an Ishmaili Muslim and opposed all other Muslim groups except for the Ishmaili’s. He is believed to be the father of terrorism. Ben Sabbah’s actions had started a whole new trend, people began to follow his actions and started to form terrorist organizations. Terrorism started back then and its motives and tactics have continued to evolve through the reign of Stalin and Lenin in the Soviet Union and Mao Tse-tung in China. Many people consider what Hitler did in Germany to be terrorism, and when you actually think about it, it makes sense. When you define terrorism most definitions say it is the act of violence and/or intimidation to achieve certain political or religious goals. …
Continue reading ›
3.67 avg. rating (75% score) - 3 votes
Tags: sample essay, sociology essays, terrorism essay topics, terrorism essays, terrorism research paper, terrorism term paper
The 10 Hottest Essay Writing Topics Related To Terrorism
When a person is deciding what to write an essay about, the most difficult but most important thing he has to do is choose his topic. One of the factors involved in choosing a topic is how much emotion will be felt by the reader upon reading the thesis. Another factor the writer must address is how much information will there be on his topic and will he have difficulty finding what he needs to complete his article. If a person decides to choose anything related to extremism as his topic, half of the battle is completed because the internet is flooded with violence articles and research and just seeing the word emits strong emotions from the reader and the writer.
Just seeing that word makes people stop and take notice. We are so petrified of radicalism and all of our lives were changed forever after 9/11. There are so many different angles and topics on this intimidation. I am only going to list 10 topics that I have found to be very interesting. I have included topics with different angles hoping that we can do some exploring without feeling the intimidation that usually arises when we speak of terror campaigns like the Twin Towers.
- Terrorism and its effects on children- Traumatic events such as the occurrences from 9/11 effect children as well as adults. Children obviously don’t yet have the same tools as adults do to handle extremely stressful events such as the violence of that day so how did they cope?
- The Dangers of Cyber-Sabotage- There is a lot of research on the invisible sabotage this is a type of intimidation that we don’t think about every day.
- Terrorism and Patriotism- What happens to us when we are united against one common enemy?
- How is Drug Trafficking related to Terrorism- These acts of extremism are financed by the sale of drugs?
- Immigration changes as a result of terror campaigns.
- Homegrown Extremism- how this differs on so many levels from foreign radicalism.
- Bio-Terrorism- Instead of the dangers of bombings, we also have to shore up or at least address and have a plan of action to fight the extremism.
- Religion and Radicalism- Numerous ideologies result in confusion and little ability to really get a pulse on possible cells
- Organized crime and intimidation- Is this another revenue stream for the terror campaigns
- Do the media encourage violence?
The topics outlined above were chosen because of their variety. I hoped that these terrible acts would be researched from different angles. Emotions will always run high when someone is endangering anyone or anything that is close to our hearts.